Mon–Fri 9.00–11.00 and 12.00–15.00
Tel. +358 29 509 5858
Fax +358 29 509 5316
National Board of Patents and Registration
You can ask for advice by phone, letter or email, or visit our office. It is possible to make an appointment, but this is not absolutely necessary.
Discussions with the consulting engineers are confidential.
Our consulting engineers can help when you need general answers to questions similar to these:
- What kinds of inventions can be patented or protected by a utility model?
- What is needed to form an application?
- How is the application processed at the Patent Office?
- How do I apply for a patent abroad?
- What are the contents of the Patents or Utility Model Act, Decree or Instructions?
- The patent classification (helps to find out the right patent class)
- Data searches in free online databases (Espacenet, PatInfo Patent Register, FI-EP Register etc.)
Our examiners are experts in information retrieval in all fields of technology. They can help you in different information needs by doing searches like:
- prior art searches
- novelty searches
- invalidity searches
- monitoring competitors or technical fields
Read more about our search services.