Renew your registration
You can renew the registration of your utility model by paying a renewal fee. The renewal fee for the registration is due for payment on the last day of the month when the registration period ends. The earliest you can pay your renewal fee is one year before the due date and the latest is six months after the due date.
If you pay the renewal fee after the due date, you must also pay a higher fee.
For example: A utility model application is submitted on 16 June 2018.
- The first due date for the renewal is 30 June 2022.
- The earliest date you can renew the registration is 30 June 2021.
- The latest date you can renew the registration is 31 December 2022, but you will have to pay a higher renewal fee.
Indicate on the receipt
- the registration number and name of the holder of the utility model or
- the reference number that you can find in our PatInfo database.
Use the Patent Information Service to search for information on fees due for payment within six months. Go to the Patent Information Service.Open link in a new tab
Please note that if you have not paid the renewal fee, the utility model will lapse and you cannot validate it again.