Skip to main content

Notification of changes to rules using a paper form

You can file a notification of changes to rules also in our online service. It is cheaper and faster to file online than by using paper forms. Read our instructions on filing a rule change online.

Please note that the rules must be written in Finnish or in Swedish.

Enclose the changed rules with the notification of changes to the PRH. Before filling in the paper form, read our instructions on the spelling of rules.

Instructions on the spelling of association rules (in Finnish).

Instructions on the spelling of association rules (in Swedish).

Who files the notification?

The chairperson of the association’s executive committee signs the notification.

If the association has filed its executive committee with the Register of Associations, then any adult committee member can also sign the notification. Associations have been able to file the executive committee for registration from 18 September 2019.

Please note: Committee members who have only been registered as persons entitled to sign for the association have no right to sign the notification.

Any of those who have the right to sign the notification can authorise someone else to sign it.

If an authorised person signs the notification, enclose a certified copy of a special power of attorney or the original general power of attorney.

What does it cost to file using a paper form?

A notification of changes to rules using a paper form costs 180 euros.

Pay the handling fee in advance and enclose the receipt with your notification. See our price list and payment instructions.

How to file the notification using paper forms

File the notification using form Y4a (notification of changes and termination) and appendix form 19A. Please note that the forms are only available in Finnish and in Swedish. Save the forms to your computer, fill them in and print out.

Go to the forms at Notification of changes for associations (including form Y4a, appendix form 19A and personal data form).Open link in a new tab

What documents need to be enclosed?

Enclose the following documents with the notification:

  • the rules;
  • the receipt for the handling fee; and
  • the power of attorney, if the application is signed by an authorised person.

Send your paper notification to us within a week after the payment to avoid delay in processing the notification.

Send the notification and any enclosed documents by post to:

Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) – Finnish Tax Administration
Business Information System
P.O. Box 2000
FI-00231 Helsinki, Finland

Printable version Latest update 01.10.2020