Preliminary check on association rules
A preliminary check of association rules carried out by the PRH is especially suitable for federations. Other associations can also apply for a preliminary check from the PRH, for example if they have an unusual rule proposal.
Preliminary checks are connected with the following situations.
- A new association is set up.
- A registered association changes its rules.
Proceed as follows:
- File an application with the PRH about the preliminary check of rules. The decision on preliminary check is valid for two (2) years.
- Once the PRH have preliminarily checked the rules of an association, the association must approve them in its meeting.
- File the rules with the Register of Associations either with a start-up notification or with a notification of changes.
Please note: Model texts for association rules are not preliminarily checked. The texts are only available in Finnish and in Swedish.
How to apply for a preliminary check
Apply for the preliminary check of rules with an informal application written in Finnish or in Swedish. Give the following information in your application:
- Your wishes on the schedule of processing the application, if it is something other than a month from the date when the application arrives. The PRH will carry out the preliminary check within one month from the date when the application has arrived or, if possible, according to the client’s needs.
- In addition to your wishes on the schedule, please include:
- the contact person’s name, address, and phone number;
- the rules that need to be checked; and
- receipt for the handling fee.
The chairperson or someone else entitled to act on behalf of the association signs the application, or they can authorise someone else to sign the application.
If an authorised person signs the application, enclose the original general power of attorney or a certified copy of a special power of attorney.
Send the application and the enclosed documents to:
Finnish Patent and Registration Office
Register of Associations
FI-00091 PRH, FINLAND
What does it cost?
The fee for a preliminary check is 350 euros.
Pay the handling fee in advance and enclose the receipt with your application. First read our payment instructions.
How to proceed when the PRH has approved the rules at the preliminary check
When you are founding an association
File a start-up notification for the association using a paper form. Go to our instructions on how to file a start-up notification using a paper form.