AssociationNet offers basic details of around 130,000 Finnish associations. You can search the basic details of associations by name, registration number, or by other criteria. The search is free. Free basic details include association’s registration number, name, domicile (municipality where the association is based), date of first registration, date of latest registration, and processing stage. Most of the details in AssociationNet are available either in Finnish or in Swedish.
You can buy electronic register extracts or rules for immediate use. The rules are available in electronic format if they were registered in 2011 or later. A register extract or rules cost 4.34 euros (incl. VAT 24%). You can pay for the items by Internet bank transfer or by credit card. Once you have paid you can access the items in AssociationNet. The extracts and rules are available in Finnish or in Swedish.
You can search for an association by its registration number.
- The asterisk (*) is used as a wildcard. You can use it either in the beginning or the end of a number, or both.
- You can replace one character with a question mark (?)
- The results will be shown in numerical order.
You can also search for an association by its name, domicile (municipality where the association is based), date of first registration, date of latest registration, county, or electoral district - either with just one criterion, or by making your own combination.
Name and domicile
- The asterisk (*) is used as a wildcard. You can use it either in the beginning or the end of a name, or both.
- You can replace one character with a question mark (?).
- You can use a plus sign (+) as the AND operator between the words in a name. For example, *voimist*+*urhei*+*palloil* means that the words voimistelu, urheilu and palloilu must be contained in the name, although the words need not be in the exactly same order in the name.
- You can use a comma (,) between words as the OR operator, for example, *eläkeläi*,*seniori*. The search retrieves all those associations whose name contains either the word "eläkeläinen" or the word "seniori".
- A hyphen is indexed only when there is a letter both immediately before and after it, for example Sisä-Suomen -> sisä-suomen, but: etu- ja ympäristöjärjestö -> etu ja ympäristöjärjestö.
- Punctuation, such as period and colon, should be replaced with a space.
- If you write more than one word in the name search field without the plus sign (+), the program will only provide combinations in which the words are consecutive.
- The results are shown in alphabetical order.
Date of first registration tells, when the association has been entered in the register. Date of latest registration tells, when the latest amendments have been registered (starting from 28 December 1998). Format of the date shown is day-month-year.
When searching by date only, the results will be shown in descending order (latest first).
You can search for example
- associations registered before a certain date (-1.1.1920)
- associations registered after a certain date (31.3.2010-)
- associations registered between certain dates (1.1.2016-31.5.2016)
When you search by county or electoral district you can also select several areas simultaneously from the list, if desired. A faulty selection can be cancelled by making a new selection, or all selections can be emptied by clicking "Clear".
Free text search searches all indexed text (name, domicile), and also special characters (for example é, à).
The items are available in your shopping basket for 30 days after payment. You can find the number of the paid shopping basket in your bank statement, in the web payment details.
Write down or print out the number of your shopping basket. If your session is interrupted for any reason, you can continue later from where you left.