IPR for Startups on 4 May 2017
Our Toukotyöt Event for startups is useful for those who are planning to set up a new company or already run a startup, and also for those who advise and work with startups.
What does it take a startup to succeed? You will get an in-depth review of the IPR challenges and opportunities that startups or inventors may come across. Our widely experienced speakers include venture capitalists, serial entrepreneurs, patent attorneys, representatives from government organisations and startups themselves.
The main part of the event - Speeches on IPR for Startups - takes place in the afternoon and is followed by a Get Together networking opportunity. In the morning, you will also have the option to meet our advisors face to face.
The event is free of charge but you must register in advance. Please note that seats are limited. Language of the event is English.
Speeches on IPR for Startups (on-site) is full. You can still register to follow the session by Livestream webcast.
IPR Clinic (one-on-one meetings) is also fully booked. Please note that you may any time call e.g. our Patent or Trademark Advisory Services and request an appointment.
Thursday 04 May 2017
9:00 - 12:00 One-on-one IPR Clinics, 13:00-17:00 Speeches on IPR, 17:00-19:00 Get Together
Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH), Arkadiankatu 6A, Helsinki, Finland
(Location on the map)
09:00 - 12:00: Advice for startups on IPR and for setting up a business by PRH and NewCo Helsinki.
One-on-one meetings to be agreed in advance. Please request a meeting on the registration form.
Jorma Hanski, Director, Patents and Trademarks, PRH
13:10 Keynote speech: What Venture Capitalists Consider When Selecting a New Investment
Artturi Tarjanne, General Partner, Nexit Ventures
13:40 Startups and IPR – Tekes funding instruments
Antti Salminen, Senior Specialist, Start-up Companies, Tekes
14:00 Protection of Inventions
- Patents: Matti Rantanen, Patent Examiner, PRH
- Trademarks: Tuulimarja Myllymäki, Head Legal Advisor, PRH
- Protection of services: Kari-Pekka Syrjä, Founder & IPR lawyer (OTT Helsinki), ICapital Oy
14:50 Coffee break
15:10 How to make money with inventions
- How to utilize IPR in your business: Sakari Värilä, European Patent Attorney, Berggren Oy
- Patent licensing: Niklas Östman, Les Scandinavian & Partner, Roschier
16:00 Real life examples
- Maria 0-1 – What Startups Need to Succeed: Voitto Kangas, CEO, Maria 0-1
- Balancing IPR and Lean: Juha-Matti Liukkonen, Director, Space & Robotics, Reaktor
- From Failures to Success: Kim Väisänen, Startup investor, Serial Entrepreneur, Board Executive
17:00 Closing remarks: Jorma Hanski, Director, Patents and Trademarks, PRH
17:00 – 19:00 Get Together – social networking with refreshments
We will send the final agenda to the registered participants prior to the event. All rights reserved.
For further information on the event please contact:
Mr Yrjö Raivio
Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH)
Email: yrjo.raivio (at) prh.fi
tel. +358 29 509 5382