Utility model fees and payment instructions
The menu on the left contains our price lists for the following (on small screens you will find the menu at the top of the page):
- the fees for utility model applications and registered utility models, and
- the fees for international PCT applications pursued as utility model applications in Finland.
Our fees are based on the Decree of the Finnish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment on the Chargeable Services of the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH). You will find a link to the decree in Finnish and Swedish on the page "Legislation related to our administrative sector".
Make your payment
- by bank transfer to the PRH’s account
- via the PRH Patent Payment Service (read more about the payment service), or
- by payment card or with the MobilePay application when visiting our customer service point in person (by appointment only, no cash payment). See the contact details of our Customer Service.
If you order certificates or register extracts, you make the payment against an invoice sent by us. When ordering a priority document, companies can select the payment service as the payment method instead of paying the priority document fee by invoice.
You can pay the fees into any of the accounts below.
|Bank||Account number (IBAN)||BIC code|
|Danske Bank A/S, Finland Branch||FI34 8919 9710 0007 32||DABAFIHH|
|Nordea Bank Abp||FI97 1660 3000 1042 27||NDEAFIHH|
Finnish Patent and Registration Office:
Business ID: 0244683-1
VAT number: FI02446831
Fees related to new applications can be paid:
- when filing the application, or
- you can wait for us to send you a payment reminder with the reference number needed for the payment.
In the first case, you can inform us about the payment by sending us a copy of the payment receipt, or by filling in the message field of your bank payment with the text “New utility model application" and the name of the applicant given in the application.
Details of renewal fees due for payment
The utility model owner is responsible for paying the renewal fees on time.
To see the reference number and other details of renewal fees due for payment within six months, access our Patent Information Service and search by the application number or the registration number.
Go to the Patent Information Service.Open link in a new tab
Payment from outside Finland
If you make a payment to the PRH’s account from a non-Finnish bank account, you must also pay any handling fees charged by your bank. It is crucial that you pay the correct sum of money to our account by the due date.
We do not send payment reminders abroad.
If companies outside Finland use the PRH payment service and deposit account, they will avoid the handling fees and ensure that their payments arrive at the PRH quickly. Read more about the deposit account.
More information about payments
If you have any questions about payment and our fees, please contact our Advisory Service. See the contact details of our Advisory Service..