Monitoring of organisations for collective management of copyright
The task of the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) is to monitor that the organisations for collective management of copyright comply with the Copyright Collective Management Act. We will take measures when discovering or being informed that a collective management organisation is breaching the act.
There are seven organisations for collective management of copyright and related rights in Finland:
- Finnish Composers' Copyright Society Teosto ryOpen link in a new tab
- Copyright Society of Performing Artists and Phonogram Producers in Finland GRAMEX ryOpen link in a new tab
- Copyright organization for creative work Kopiosto ryOpen link in a new tab
- Audiovisual Producers Finland – APFI ryOpen link in a new tab
- Copyright society for artists working in visual arts Kuvasto ryOpen link in a new tab
- Finnish literary copyright society Sanasto ryOpen link in a new tab
- Näyttelijöiden tekijänoikeusjärjestö – Skådespelarnas upphovsrättsorganisation Filmex ry.Open link in a new tab
- Avate Audiovisual authors and performers in Finland Open link in a new tab
These organisations manage copyright on behalf of the right holders. They offer services such as granting licences to users, and managing both the revenue derived from the exploitation of copyright and remunerations to right holders.
These organisations also ensure that the rights are enforced.
The PRH, the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority, and the Ministry of Education and Culture co-operate in the monitoring of the collective management organisations.
For more information about copyright, go to the Ministry of Education and Culture websiteOpen link in a new tab.
- EUIPO announcement: Study of Europeans’ attitudes towards intellectual property
- Protect your intellectual property: SME Fund still open for grant applications
- Our telephone exchange and customer service close at 15.00 on 3 May
- Participate in the Quality Innovation Award arranged by the Finnish Quality Association
- Protect your intellectual property: SME Fund grant for charges paid to a public authority when applying for a patent