Finnish Register of Foundations
What is a foundation?
A foundation is set up to manage property donated for a particular purpose.The purpose is determined when setting up the foundation. Foundations have neither owners, shareholders nor members. A board of trustees ensures that the foundation operates appropriately, and is responsible for ensuring that the investments by the foundation are secure and profitable.
Registered foundations are legal persons.
- Our customer service point will be closed for the entire day on Thursday 30 November – our telephone advisory service will be closed from 13.00
- Our telephone advisory service opens at 12.00 on Mon 23 October 2023
- PRH customer service point in Helsinki opens at 13.00 on Tuesday 3 October
- Company and organisation search at ytj.fi: print button added and display of the code of the main line of business improved
- Changes to Trade Register extracts and Virre Information Service from 8 June 2023