Skip to main content

Termination of appointment or own resignation

Associacions that are recorded in the Finnish Register of Associations have a statutory duty to notify the Finnish Register of Associations of changes in their registered details without delay.

If the associacion that is recorded in the Finnish Register of Associations fails to notify of resignations or terminated appointments, some information may not be updated, including removing the details of persons who no longer act in the given positions. In such a case, it is to your advantage to report yourself your resignation or terminated appointment to the Finnish Register of Associations.

If you have resigned or your appointment has otherwise terminated, you can file a notification of changes with the Register of Associations.

Please note: Do not file the notification until the appointment has terminated.

How to file online

Please note that the online filing service of the Register of Associations is only available in Finnish and in Swedish.

When you file a notification online, you must have a Finnish personal identity code and personal internet banking codes, a mobile certificate, or an electronic identity card (HST card).

The service will help you fill in the notification of changes. Enter the requested details.

It is free of charge to file a notification of own resignation or of termination of a registered appointment.

Go to the online filing service of the Register of Associations. Open link in a new tab

How to file the notification using paper forms

File the notification using form Y4a (notification of changes and termination) and appendix form 19A. Please note that the forms are only available in Finnish and in Swedish.

Indicate that your appointment has terminated on page 2 of appendix form 19A.

Save the forms to your computer, fill them in and print out.

Fill in your contact details in the field for additional information on form Y4a, and we will send you a register extract about the registration. If you leave the field blank, we will send the register extract to the association’s address.

The notification must be signed by the resigned person, or by a person they have authorised with a power of attorney.

If an authorised person signs the notification, enclose a certified copy of a special power of attorney or the original general power of attorney.

The notification is free of charge.

Go to the forms at Notification of resignation to the Register of Associations (including form Y4a and appendix form 19A).Open link in a new tab

Printable version Latest update 07.02.2024