What is a trademark?
A trademark is a sign that distinguishes the goods and services produced by a company from similar goods and services of other companies. A trademark functions as a kind of distinctive symbol on the market. Read more.
Other possibilities to protect your rights
A utility model, like a patent, gives you an exclusive right to use your invention commercially. It is intended to protect simple device and product inventions.
Please note that you can apply to register your trademark at the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) only in Finnish or in Swedish.
- Name checking service for companies is working again 19.12.2016
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment: Participate in Team Finland's development 25.10.2016
- EPO's survey on the use of information in the innovation process 19.10.2016
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment: Antti Riivari appointed as Director General of Finnish Patent and Registration Office 25.08.2016
- EUIPO: €1.3 billion lost every year across the EU due to fake spirits and wine 26.07.2016