Have you invented something or created a product and now you would like to commercially profit from it? The invention, in which you have invested time and money, is your property. Therefore you should protect it so that your competitors will not be able to reap the benefit of your work. The tools available for protecting your invention are patents and utility models.
A patent gives you an exclusive right to use an invention. This means commercial utilisation, such as manufacture, sales, use and import of your product.
The Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) employs 120 highly qualified examiners whose main task is to examine patent applications. In their work, the examiners use advanced tools and the very best databases. Most of them have a PhD degree. The quality of our work is constantly monitored and developed.
Capitalise on our expertise.
We provide you with a detailed examination, from which you can decide whether to apply for a patent in other countries.
Other possibilities to protect your rights
A utility model is an exclusive right like the patent to use an invention. It is primarily intended to protect simpler device and product inventions and can be an appropriate form of protection, if:
- you need protection fast,
- a 10-year protection period is enough.
A trademark is a symbol that distinguishes the goods and services of a company.
Design right protects the appearance of a product or a part of a product.
Fast-track processing of patent applications continues
The fast-track processing of patent applications will give you a good idea of how to proceed with your application. We recommend the fast-track procedure to applicants such as businesses that quickly want to apply for a patent abroad.
- Our freedom to operate search expanded – make sure you are not infringing on anybody’s patent 11.01.2016
- Changes to our patent and utility model fees on 1 January 2016 05.01.2016
- Supplementary protection certificates (SPC) for medicinal products - calculating the SPC term 18.12.2015
- Changes to our patent and utility model fees at the turn of the year 18.12.2015