Having a representative

When applying to register a design, it is not compulsory to appoint a representative if your domicile or registered office is in Finland.

If you have neither a domicile nor a registered office in Finland, you must appoint a representative residing in the European Economic Area. The representative is obligated to represent you in all matters concerning the design.

If you have a representative, you must give their name, domicile or registered office and address in your application. Remember to enclose a power of attorney.

Go to the page with the powers of attorney.

Who can act as a representative?

Any natural person can act as a representative.

The industrial property attorney board keeps a register of authorised design attorneys. The register includes those design attorneys who have passed an examination assessing their professional skills. Authorised attorneys act under regular supervision. Read more in Finnish

Ulkoinen sivusto, avautuu uuteen välilehteen
or in Swedish
Ulkoinen sivusto, avautuu uuteen välilehteen

Printable version
Latest update 24.07.2019