We work for the benefit of companies and organizations.
We register companies, associations, foundations and other organizations and corporations, as well as enterprise mortgages and LEI codes. We examine and grant patents and register utility models. We also register trademarks for products and services and provide design protection. We oversee and approve auditors and monitor foundations and the collective management of copyright.
We offer our customers advisory services and courses. We give information about companies, organizations, corporations and immaterial rights. Read more about our services.
Our office is an International Searching Authority (ISA) and International Preliminary Examining Authority (IPEA) for international PCT patent applications.
Our office comes under the administrative sector of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment (MEAE), and we negotiate each year with the MEAE on our performance targets. Our office is subject to net budgeting, meaning that about 95% of our expenses are covered by the income we make from our services.
The Industrial Property Attorney Board operates in connection with our office. It grants authorisation to attorneys who handle assignments related to industrial property rights.
- Read more about the Industrial Property Attorney Board in Finnish.
- Read more about the Industrial Property Attorney Board in Swedish.
An Audit Board that makes autonomous decisions operates within our Auditor Oversight Unit.
- More than 30,000 new companies are registered at the Finnish Trade Register each year.
- The Finnish Register of Associations comprises approximately 105,000 associations.
- Nearly 2,000 patent applications are filed with our office each year.
- More than 300 applications are filed with the Finnish Trademark Register each month.
- New system at prh.fi
- Intellectual Property for SMEs – webinar for SMEs 28 March 2023
- Some Supplementary Protection Certificates missing from Patent Information Service
- Break in the email distribution of news and announcements published on the PRH websites starting Monday 6 March
- The unitary patent system will start on 1 June 2023